This recipe for Allergy-Friendly Goulash (with a kick!) is simple and tasty! This is one of my favorite go-to recipes for mid week meals. With ground turkey, whole wheat pasta, and veggies, the hubby and I stay full!
This is also a meal that I like to cook when we host friends and family. Even though this recipe is allergy-friendly (safe for both myself and my brother – no eggs, dairy, or nuts), people without allergies really enjoy this meal!
When our friends had their baby, this was the first meal we cooked and brought over for them – and they did not have any allergies!
The hubby and I like our recipes to have a bit of a kick to them, but you are free to cook the meal without the chili powder and crushed red pepper. We did not put any spice into the meal when we cooked for the new mama and her husband, so if you have little ones, I would probably suggest to leave out the chili pepper and crushed red pepper.
Allergy-Friendly Goulash (with a kick!)
- 1 16oz. package whole wheat macaroni
- 16 oz. ground turkey (you can choose beef, but I choose turkey as a healthier option)
- 2 green bell peppers
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomato
- 2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1-2 tsp. chili pepper (depending on the amount of spice you like)
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- Bring pot of water to a boil, and cook macaroni (as directed on package).
- As the macaroni is cooking, dice green bell peppers.
- Cook ground turkey, add in diced green bell peppers. Season with garlic salt, chili pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Drain macaroni once ready, then combine cooked macaroni, meat and bell pepper mixture, and canned crushed tomatoes.
- Mix thoroughly, add any extra seasonings you prefer, and enjoy!