I like an easy recipe. As a night owl, I do most of my baking at night – it’s therapeutic for me. I put on a pair of sweatpants, play Miranda Lambert, and I’m in my element. When it’s late at night and I’m relaxed, the last thing I want to do is go find some random, expensive, organic ingredient at the grocery store.
I want a recipe that has ingredients I can find in my pantry and my fridge.
Although there are no eggs, nuts, or dairy in my recipe for banana chocolate chip muffins, the ingredients can be found in any kitchen (regardless of food allergies or not). So no extra trips to the grocery store!
My husband is the best food tester because he does not have any dietary restrictions, so my food and desserts still need to be tasty enough for him to want to eat. He admitted to me the other day that he loves these banana chocolate chip muffins because they taste like dessert, but are more acceptable to eat for breakfast than cookies or cake.
Regardless of whether you have food allergies or not, these are delicious and simple!
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
(eggless, nut-free, and dairy-free)
Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 cup ripe bananas mashed (approximately 4 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I may add a few more – I can never have enough chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together dry ingredients.
- Separately mix bananas and oil.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tin (about 1/2 to 2/3 full).
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Enjoy!