My sweet mom has perfected the recipe of the best egg-free, dairy-free chocolate cake! Between my nut allergies and lactose intolerance, and my brother’s egg allergy, our family was never able to eat a store-bought cake. My wonderful mom never gave up on us, though, and continued to work through and find the perfect chocolate cake recipe.
This recipe is both simple and delicious! A common problem with baked goods made without eggs is that the dough never seems to rise – or lacks a fluffy consistency.
You can see from the pictures (and will experience this when you make this delicious cake) that this recipe somehow still gives that fluffy consistency.
I most recently made this recipe for my husband’s birthday. My husband does not have any dietary restrictions, but he absolutely loved the cupcakes! This man is used to store-bought cake with plenty of eggs and dairy, and he did not even notice a difference! I added some simple decorations to make these look like smore cupcakes. Simple graham cracker and dairy-free chocolate to decorate 🙂
I hope this recipe can make special occasions special again! I know how frustrating it can be to not share dessert in special occasions, or feel like you are always missing out.
The Best Egg-Free, Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3 T. unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 5 T. canola/vegetable oil
- 1 cup soy milk (or water)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 cake pan (or cupcake pan depending).
- In a medium bowl, add together wet ingredients.
- Mix in dry ingredients with wet ingredients.
- Pour ingredients into cake pan.
- Bake 35 minutes for cake, and 20-25 minutes for cupcakes.