My first recipe post has to be one of my absolute favorite things in this world – chocolate chip cookies. For me, baking is therapeutic, and this recipe is my go-to. Baking these cookies on a cold, rainy day, Sinatra in the background, now that’s just heaven. Now I am happy to share this little piece of heaven with you.
This recipe was perfected by my mother, and has absolutely no nuts, eggs, or dairy.
Between my allergies to nuts and lactose intolerance, and my brother’s allergies to eggs, my mom has made a number of different cookies, but these, by far, are the best. I have made these cookies for co-workers, friends, and family that do not have any dietary restrictions, and they agree that these cookies are perfection.
Allergy-Friendly Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Egg-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free)
Time: 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup dairy-free margarine (room temperature)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 3 T. soy milk
- 1-2 T. water (if needed)
- 1 package of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix margarine, sugar, and brown sugar together in a bowl.
- Stir in flour and baking soda.
- Mix in soy milk, vanilla, water (if needed).
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- On a greased cookie sheet, place large spoonfuls of cookie dough.
- Place in oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let the cookie sheet cool on wire rack for five to ten minutes, then enjoy!