It’s been quite a while since I’ve been here on the blog. Unfortunately, my husband and I are in the middle of a season of loss, and my health put me out of commision for a few months. While we are still moving through this season, I am happy to say that my health is returning, and I am back in the kitchen!
There has been something incredibly healing about being back in the kitchen, creating, and cooking for the people I love.
This past week I finally got the urge to try a new recipe, and it definitely paid off! I found a similar recipe in a magazine that was packed full of nuts and dairy, so I altered the recipe to be safe for me!
This Pineapple Mango Crisp is the perfect summer dessert. The actual prep is pretty low-maintenance (which is nice when you want to spend more time sitting out by the pool or having friends over).
I thought the coconut was a perfect addition to the crisp, although you can substitute more oatmeal if you can’t or don’t have coconut. In the future, I would definitely try to experiment with different fruits (I am thinking I would add some peaches or even cherries).
Comment below with your favorite summer dessert!
Pineapple Mango Crisp (Egg-free, Dairy-free, Nut-free)
- 1 16 oz. bag frozen pineapple
- 1 10 oz. bag frozen mango
- 1/2 cup flour
- 5 T. packed brown sugar
- 4 T. cold dairy-free butter
- 3/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 T. lime juice
- 2 T. orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Thaw bags of frozen pineapple and mango.
- Combine flour, 3 T. of brown sugar until blended. Work in dairy-free butter with hands until evenly distributed.
- Stir in coconut flakes and oats. Set aside.
- Toss thawed fruit with 2 T. brown sugar, lime juice, and orange juice.
- Pour fruit mixture into 8-inch baking dish, sprinkle oat mixture on top, and bake for 55 minutes.
- Let cool for 15 minutes, then serve with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream! (Vanilla and strawberry are both great options)!