Living in Los Angeles, we do not get much of a shot at cold weather or a winter season, so I jump at the times the weather dips below 75 degrees to turn on the stove and cook. Now that we’ve had a couple of cooler weeks, I cooked up a big pot of this delicious, allergy-friendly chili. This recipe is so great because it doesn’t take too much time to make, so I can easily make it when I get home after a busier day at work. The recipe produces a pretty large amount of chili, which my husband really appreciates too!
I definitely recommend to make cornbread to serve with the chili…what could be a better combination?? I also top my chili off with Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds, which is allergy-friendly and delicious!
Simple, Allergy-Friendly Chili
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 large can pinto beans
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 can corn (drained)
- 1 large can diced tomato
- 2 cups red salsa
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Cook ground turkey in pan with salt and pepper.
- Dice the onion and chop up the green bell pepper.
- Add in onion and green bell pepper to ground turkey.
4. While the ground turkey, onion, and bell pepper cook, pour pinto beans, black beans, corn, diced tomato, and salsa into large pot.
5. Pour ground turkey into large pot, and cook on medium heat for 45 to 60 minutes. Then serve and enjoy!