One of my favorite, easiest recipes to make when I first got married was this Top 8 Free Salsa Verde Tacos recipe. This recipe is great all around, it’s simple, healthy, and free of all top 8 allergens – which is not so easy to come across. While I have allergies to nuts and cannot have dairy, my brother is also allergic to eggs, and was also allergic to wheat (until he later outgrew it), so I like to keep in mind recipes that work for the both of us. For those not familiar with the top 8 allergens, they are milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, soy, and wheat. Whenever I read over that list, I always feel like that pretty much encompasses ALL food – how can we eat anything without those ingredients? And yet, we still need to eat, and there is no reason for us not to have delicious food.
The tacos are best topped with fresh avocado, a dash of salsa verde, and Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds (which are dairy-free and delicious)! I also like to serve the tacos with a side of my Roasted Lime Cauliflower!
Top 8 Free Salsa Verde Tacos
- 1 – 1 1/2 lb. ground turkey ( I like turkey as it is a bit healthier and lighter than ground beef)
- 1/2 sm. onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup of salsa verde ( I prefer the Trader Joe’s brand, but any will do)
- corn tortillas
- Dice 1/2 small onion and put in pan on medium heat. Add ground turkey.
- Sprinkle crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper over cooking meat.
- Pour salsa verde over meat.
- Once meat is cooked, serve meat in corn tortillas, and garnish with avocado, salsa verde, and Daiya Cheddar Style Shreds. Enjoy!